Monday, July 8, 2013

Swimming Through Clouds




Swimming Through Clouds
By Rajdeep Paulus

About the book:
I live in the in between. Between what if and what is. It’s how I manage. It’s the only way I know. Everyone has their way. This is mine.
When high school cell phone disruption forces a classroom ban, the words on a Post-it note spark a sticky romance between two unlikely friends. Transfer student Talia Vanderbilt has one goal at her new school: to blend in with the walls. Lagan Desai, basketball captain and mathlete, would do just about anything to befriend the new girl. One Post-it note at a time, Lagan persuades Talia to peel back her heart, slowly revealing her treasure chest of pain—an absent mother, a bedridden brother, and an abusive father. In a world where hurt is inevitable, the two teens search for a safe place to weather the storms of life. Together.

My thoughts:
"Swimming through the clouds" is vivid and captivating. A lot of it is heavy and evoked so much sympathy for the main characters yet funny, bright, and sweet. Its a book I couldn't put down. Talia, Jesse, and Lagan afe compelled to move forward and it compelled me to keep reading through it all.

Talia is filled with strength abd courage. From the beginning I just wanted her to open up to Lagan. Lagan is determined and I'm so glad he stuck to pursuing Talia showing what it's like to be a true friend, even if the only way was through sticky notes.

The ending left me wondering and waiting for the rest of the story.

"Swimming Through Clouds" is an awesome debut novel and I can't wait for the next one from Rajdeep Paulus.



1 comment:

Laura L. Smith said...

I was also left hanging by the ending. Gripping story. Thanks for blogging about the great titles at Playlist Fiction